Monday, March 12, 2012

The tell


March 12, 2012

10 years ago I did the AIDS ride from SF to LA. I was not a seasoned biker and so when I purchased a stick on rear view mirror for my helmet people chuckled and called me "Fred". (Some kind of biker slur). But when we were biking I became the warning beacon since at all times I knew what was coming from behind. Not fashionable, but useful. Now that I bike to work in Berlin, the trusty rear view mirror is once again a life extender providing early warning for trollies, taxis and other bicyclists who all terrorize the new biker to Berlin.

Keeping an eye on what's coming from behind is a good practice for all of life's domains. It's back to working round the clock again to compress what should take weeks into days. The bloodshot eye is the tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment