Monday, March 19, 2012

Personal Maps


March 19, 2012

Shortcut through the park while biking home reveals an empty Nola. Seems to be a Swiss restaurant. A summer brunch spot according to TripAdvisor. Christmas lights must somehow signify Switzerland?

I've been thinking a lot about how to make maps more personal. How can I use them to tell a story of living in Berlin I've been tagging the posts here with locations but am not sure how that information reveals itself. I decided to take the different places I've explored and map them so that others exploring or looking for a restaurant or bar can look at my living map of Berlin. Story telling, curated places, lists of places I want to go, and little bits of life are my personal map. Not sure what I think about the My Maps experience from Google, but for now it's what I am going to work with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment